Welcome to the changelogs page, where you can see all the updates and enhancements that have been made to this app. This app is always evolving and improving to give you the best performance and functionality. You can find the new features and bug fixes in each version below. You can also download the latest version of this app as well as older versions from the Download page, or go to the SmartTube App Home Page to learn more about this app and what it can do for you.
- Added Loop Shorts option in Settings/Player/Misc/Loop Shorts
- Added channel list filter in Channels section
- Added search and sort uploaded videos by date in Channel update
- Added new option to fix show keyboard by the OK key press (G20s and others) in Settings/Search/Misc
- Added an option to enable/disable history. Settings/General/Misc/Enable history
- Fixed duplicated videos in Recommendations
- Fixed and improved pinned channels on the sidebar
- Added a new option to remember the last Subscriptions position (disabled by default). Settings/General/Misc/Remember last Subscriptions position
- Added Notifications section. This section is the same as on web or mobile clients. The section can be enabled in Settings/General/Setup sections.
- Added a feature to enable notifications for the channel by long pressing on the subscribe button in the player
- Fixed authentication issues
- Fixed numerous bugs from the previous release
- Fixed Home section
- Fixed empty pinned playlist
- Fixed Shorts in Subscriptions
- Added Dark Blue theme. Settings/UI/Color schemes
- Improved touchscreen and mouse support
- Fixed adding shorts to History
- Added a new option to remember speed per channel (enabled by default). Settings/Player/Remember speed
- Fixed duplicates in Home, Subs, and History
- Partially fixed the search history (note, no sync with other clients, previous search history is lost for now)
- Added a new option to disable popular search queries. Settings/Search/Disable popular search queries
- Fixed the search history
- Fixed restoring subs position
- Added experimental features: account password (Settings/Account/Use password) and separate settings per account (Settings/General/Misc/Separate settings per account)
- Improved touchscreen and mouse support for tablets
- Fixed remembering search history (history sync temporarily not working)
- Fixed search history synchronization between clients
- Added an option to hide watched videos from Subscriptions and Home. Settings/General/Hide unwanted content
- Added Play Next context menu item. Settings/General/Context menu
- Moved last used subtitle language to the top in Subtitles
- Fixed the remote control (casting) when the app is running in the background (need overlay permission)
- Fixed unplayable videos. Need re-login
- Fixed empty account. Need re-login.
- Minimized distortions in volume normalizer
- Possibly fixed the playback errors
- Changed red color to grey in Monochrome theme
- Reverted fix for playback errors (caused instability)
- Added a new option to fix show keyboard by the OK key press (G20s and others). Settings/Search/Misc/Fix show keyboard by the OK key press
- Fixed live streams starting from the beginning
- Added links to related channels in channel content
- Added more entries in Settings/Hide unwanted content
- Hid Shorts from Trending
- Added search and sort uploaded videos by date in channel update
- Added channel list filter in Channels section
- Contains cumulative changes from the Beta
- Added Shorts section. Disabled by default. To enable: Settings/General/Setup sections
- Context menu: added comments entry (Settings/General/Context menu)
- Added option to disable auto volume (enabled by default): Settings/Player/Misc/Auto volume adjustment
- Potential solution for the video source error.
- The player's network stack option has been moved to a separate menu called Settings/Player/Network stack. This option has the potential to resolve the well-known 'source error' issue.
- fixed the video source error.>
- Includes all changes made in the Beta version.
- Added a new option: Settings/Subtitles/Remember enabled subtitles for each channel. This option is disabled by default.
- Introduced a new option: Settings/Player/Misc/Show notification for quick navigation through chapters. This option is disabled by default.
- Included a 'exclude channel from SponsorBlock' context menu item, which is disabled by default. To enable it, navigate to Settings/General/Context menu.
- Player: Introducing a new button called "Screen off timeout" which proves useful when primarily listening to podcasts and similar content. Simply perform a short press to enable it, or perform a long press to configure the timeout settings.
- Added a new context menu item called "Mark the video as watched," initially disabled. To enable it, go to Settings/General/Set-up context menu.
- New option available in Settings/About: "Enable old update notifications."
- New option in Settings/Player/Misc: "Enable UI animations."
- Expanded options in Settings/Player/Misc to include "Show like/dislike count."
- Introduced a new section called "Trending." To enable it, go to Settings/General/Set-up sections.
- New option available in Settings/Player/Misc: "Use current section contents as a playlist."
- Previous release included bug fixes.
- Player now displays the like/dislike count.
- Improved loading speed for the channels list in the Channel section, fixed issues with position marks, and introduced some new bugs (which will be addressed).
- Player suggestions now include an additional row displaying current section content. For example, when you open a video in the Subscriptions section, you'll see an extra row with more subscription videos.
- Added a new section for Kids content. Enable it through Settings/General/Set-up sections.
- Included a new context menu item: "Play incognito." This feature allows playing videos without leaving a trace in your browsing history, until you close the player.
- Enhanced the audio volume functionality to allow increasing the volume beyond 100%. Adjust this setting in Settings/Player/Volume limit (0-300%).