Welcome to the changelogs page, where you can see all the updates and enhancements that have been made to this app. This app is always evolving and improving to give you the best performance and functionality. You can find the new features and bug fixes in each version below. You can also download the latest version of this app as well as older versions from the Download page, or go to the SmartTube App Home Page to learn more about this app and what it can do for you.
- Contains cumulative changes from the Beta
- Added Shorts section. Disabled by default. To enable: Settings/General/Setup sections
- Context menu: added comments entry (Settings/General/Context menu)
- Added option to disable auto volume (enabled by default): Settings/Player/Misc/Auto volume adjustment
- Potential solution for the video source error.
- The player's network stack option has been moved to a separate menu called Settings/Player/Network stack. This option has the potential to resolve the well-known 'source error' issue.
- fixed the video source error.>
- Includes all changes made in the Beta version.
- Added a new option: Settings/Subtitles/Remember enabled subtitles for each channel. This option is disabled by default.
- Introduced a new option: Settings/Player/Misc/Show notification for quick navigation through chapters. This option is disabled by default.
- Included a 'exclude channel from SponsorBlock' context menu item, which is disabled by default. To enable it, navigate to Settings/General/Context menu.
- Player: Introducing a new button called "Screen off timeout" which proves useful when primarily listening to podcasts and similar content. Simply perform a short press to enable it, or perform a long press to configure the timeout settings.
- Added a new context menu item called "Mark the video as watched," initially disabled. To enable it, go to Settings/General/Set-up context menu.
- New option available in Settings/About: "Enable old update notifications."
- New option in Settings/Player/Misc: "Enable UI animations."
- Expanded options in Settings/Player/Misc to include "Show like/dislike count."
- Introduced a new section called "Trending." To enable it, go to Settings/General/Set-up sections.
- New option available in Settings/Player/Misc: "Use current section contents as a playlist."
- Previous release included bug fixes.
- Player now displays the like/dislike count.
- Improved loading speed for the channels list in the Channel section, fixed issues with position marks, and introduced some new bugs (which will be addressed).
- Player suggestions now include an additional row displaying current section content. For example, when you open a video in the Subscriptions section, you'll see an extra row with more subscription videos.
- Added a new section for Kids content. Enable it through Settings/General/Set-up sections.
- Included a new context menu item: "Play incognito." This feature allows playing videos without leaving a trace in your browsing history, until you close the player.
- Enhanced the audio volume functionality to allow increasing the volume beyond 100%. Adjust this setting in Settings/Player/Volume limit (0-300%).